The company operates in an industry where the management of security across all elements of the supply chain must be in accordance with National and International Law and industry guidelines. Failure to do so may result in loss of reputation to company and client, delay to client services or prosecution. The Security Management Policy and procedures have been developed to mitigate the identified risks to the company and incorporate the legislation, guidelines and ISO Standards requirements.
The company will ensure that all relevant statutory duties and obligations are met and reviewed on a continual basis in order to meet clients’ needs, remain compliant and continually improve on all aspects of security within the supply chain. We are committed to the security and safety of all company and stakeholder employees, facilities and property at home and abroad. The company adheres to the Voluntary Principals on Security and Human Rights to ensure we are cognizant of our obligation of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
The security objectives have been set by the Senior Management Team (SMT) and are implemented by the Compliance Manager. Objectives are:
- Meet current legal and regulatory requirements;
- Reduction of risk levels;
- Negate delay or disruption to clients’ operations;
- Provide personnel that are trained, current and competent to industry standards;
- Prevent loss of IT and unauthorised access to the company server;
- Have no more than one equipment failure per month.